CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2019

From:
Sylvie Le Guyader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2019 11:14:01 +0000

Dear list

Is there anyone using Omero on the list? I posted the following message to image.sc but I got no response so I turn to you all.

We have recently set up an Omero server and everything works nicely.
However I am very disappointed in one aspect: It seems that we can only have 2 layers of folders inside the Omero dabase: Projects and Datasets.
How can we have more folders inside folders? or is it possible to automatically tag the images with the name of the folder they came from?

Since this is the structure we currently have, and files inside the folders have the same name exactly, there is no way we can use Omero if we cannot have more than 2 folder layers and if we cannot point to a higher level folder to upload. Have I missed anything?

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sylvie Le Guyader, PhD
Live Cell Imaging Facility Manager
Karolinska Institutet- Bionut Dpt
Blickagången 16,
Room 7362 (lab)/7840 (office)
14157 Huddinge, Sweden
mobile: +46 (0) 73 733 5008
LCI website<https://ki.se/en/bionut/welcome-to-the-lci-facility>
Follow our microscopy blog!<http://microscopykarolinska.se/>

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI's processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.