CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1994

From:
Steve Dobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 09:10:33 -0700
I've been capturing MRC-600 BioRad Confocal images and then
importing them into NIH Image for manipulation.  Up until
recently, I'd been saving and transferring all of my images in the lower
density "BYTE" format with no problems.

However, I saved my last set of collected images in the "WORD"
high-density format (hoping to glean additional information).
Unfortunately, I have been unable to import these higher-density images
into NIH Image.

I realize that one solution would be to go back and save
a copy in the low-density format and import these, but this would result
in the loss of the additional information.  Is there a way to import
"WORD-format" images into NIH Image without losing the extra information.
If not, what about other MAC-compatible software (preferably
freeware/shareware) ?

                                Thanks,

                                        Steve