CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2017

From:
Egor Zindy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 07:56:25 +0100

Hi Mel,

I saw a lot of useful info here. PVCAM 2.9.5 is the one we were using
with micro-manager before we retired the system (Dell T3500 machine,
PCI card with upgraded firmware, Win7-32, C-states disabled in the
BIOS as per MM instructions).

One issue we had was: no camera found when running PVCAM test.

This is because the PVCAM.ini file, which is generated during setup or
by RSConfig.exe, is stored in a location that is not searched by the
2.9.5 PVCAM driver.

This note on MM https://micro-manager.org/wiki/PVCAM explains what is happening:

Windows 7 issue

Paul Forscher reported that Micro-Manager does not find any PVCAM
cameras under Windows 7. The problem is that Micro-Manager can not
find the file 'PVCAM.ini'. To fix this, run RSConfig.exe from the
Photometrics folder in the start menu. This will create the proper
PVCam. Ini in the c:\windows folder. If that fails, type 'cmd' in the
"Search programs and files' box in the Start menu, and then type:

copy C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\PVCAM.ini C:\Windows

where you should replace 'username' with your username.

Note
The directory 'Appdata' is not visible to the Windows file explorer.

--Nico 11:33, 31 August 2007 (PDT)

General hardware tweaks described in
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Personal_computer_setup were also
useful. For instance, MM was not stable at all on our Dell T3500
machine at first. Then we disabled the C-States in the BIOS and the
system finally ran smoothly.

Best of luck!