CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1998

From:
Ammasi Periasamy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:00:30 -0400
Hi Mancini

The other live cell imaging system we use for energy transfer and cell
migration using GFPs is the Inovision corporation imaging system (Isee
software) and it is Silicon Graphics based system. we went with the system
because of the speed of data acquisition, network operation for time-lapse
recording.This company based in Research Triangle park, Raleigh, NC.
The telephone number (919) 788-9998. or http://www.inovis.com

Also you should consider as Jeff suggested for the presentation of the
data, such as VCR, slide maker, etc.

periasamy

At 23:23 6/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I suggest go confocal if you can afford it.  If you do, check out Noran.  (I
>might be able to suggest others if Noran wasn't the only video rate confocal
>I've seen in the last few years.)
>
>For nonconfocal, we have used MetaFluor and MetaMorph software by Universal
>Imaging and their software works very well.  You may already know they have
>another product designed for GFP applications.  However, I'm not sure they
>can satisfy your requirements for speed.
>
>One practical thing that I would include in the budget request is a couple
>of nice SuperVHS player/recorders.  We use JVC models and they're a good
>bang for the buck.  Another is software and computer for video editing.   My
>choice here would be an SGI O2 computer, because of its speed when handling
>video data.  We have used Adobe Premiere on a loaded Win95 machine with a
>video I/O card and that also does the job.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Jeff Reece
>Biomedical Engineer
>NIEHS Confocal Microscopy Center
>National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
>P.O. Box 12233, MD F2-02
>Research Triangle, NC  27709
>ph: (919) 541-0311
>fax: (919) 541-1898

Ammasi Periasamy, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Cellular Imaging
University of Virginia
Department of Biology, Gilmer Hall (039)
Charlottesville, VA 22903
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://minerva.acc.virginia.edu/~biology/Fac/
Tel: (804) 243-7602; Lab.: (804) 982-4869; Fax: (804) 982-5210