CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
"Frohlich, Victoria Centonze" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:23:51 -0600

We also use Yahoo calendars.  We have one for each instrument in the facility.  Access can be restricted to invitees only.  In our facility these are the folks who have been trained to be independent users.  These calendars work well for booking but the final monitor of usage is the server to which all our instruments are connected.  The users use the same Yahoo ID and passwords to login at the instrument.  Through this mechanism we know who logged in, which instrument they are using, when they login, which programs are being used, and when the log out.  Our billing is based on what they actually use not was is on the booking calendar.  This system has been in place for at least 6 years and it works.