CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2010

From:
Pascal Lorentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:12:28 +0200
Dear list,

this is not exactly a confocal question but anyway related to it. I hope
to get some input from people who have some experience with magnetic
fields and the influence on microscopy but also on confocal scanners.
In our building we are planning to centralize our microscopy facility in
the second basement. Right now the architects are doing a feasibility
study.
Because the new rooms are located between the elevator machine room and
the high voltage current room and since the electric cables from the
whole house go through these rooms they now ask about magnetic fields.
Does somebody know if magnetic fields can influence microscopy (cells
for example), the microscopes itself, the lasers or scanners (galvos)?
If yes, is there a threshold that is acceptable?
I would be very thankful if I could get more information on that topic.

Best regards

Pascal

--
Pascal Lorentz