CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Ray Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 01:30:52 +0000

Hi Matiar

I tried Q Dots on formalin fixed, human brain slices a few years ago without a lot of success. We tried both conjugated secondaries and strep linked dots but like you found penetration an issue. We also got high background sometimes although there did not seem to be any pattern to when this appeared or didn't. We got some hot spots where penetration seemed much higher and I suspect they may have been areas where the tissue was damaged or torn allowing them more room to enter

We had some success on paraffin embedded sections. In the end we gave up on trying and stuck with the tried and true Alexa and Cy dyes we were working with.

Thanks

Ray