CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1996

From:
"Mark B. Cannell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 15:37:14 +0000
On Mar 11, 11:39am, Greg Erdos wrote:
> Subject: Re: My mistake
> >>WOULD YOU CONVERT YOUR CURRENT RENTAL PAYMENTS INTO MORTGAGE PAYMENTS
> >
> >Sorry, by mistake was the message replied (af few times) on the confocal
list.
> >The intention was to reply to the originator that this is not a site for
> >advertising.
> >
> >Peter Stalmans
>
> I did the same thing.  Perhaps this mail server could be changed so that
> replies go to the original sender, rather than to the list.   Other
> listservers seem to be able to do it this way and avoid these unintended
> messages to the list that crop up here from time to time.
>-- End of excerpt from Greg Erdos

I checked the mail header to see if I could get at the machine which originated
this message but it's a dummy (ppp.com). The people who do this sort of crap
know that they would be prey to vindictive people like me if I could could get
at them and so are pretty good at hiding their real machines identity. The only
thing you can do is get their telephone number and harass them about their
behaviour (not that it would do any good). I will not phone them as they do not
deserve my spending my transatlantic pennies on them...

So, just bin this type of message as soon as you get it.

Many regards to you all...

Mark B. Cannell
Reader in Biophysics, U. of London
email: [log in to unmask]