CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2010

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:47:20 +1000
Dear Yevgeniy,

While i haven't had any experience imobilising cells for FRET we have had great success in the past imobolising cells for ICS. We had a cell line that expressed the receptor of interest but was round and didn't attache to anything. We just put them in some 1% low melt temp agarose (made up in PBS) and everything worked really well. Now we were only looking at the bleching of one receptor, but any movement in the system would have been noticed in the final analysis and there was none. I cant see a low percentage of agarose interfereing with you FRET measurments.

Cheers

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscpy Manager
Central Resource for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Insttue for Cancer Research
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Victoria, 3050