CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1994

From:
Carol Cogswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 11:04:39 +1100
>---Tim Noblitt wrote:
>Just wondering which peer-reviewed journals contain significant numbers of
>papers dealing with confocal projects.  Any thoughts?
>---
>
>Here are my favorites (there are probably others):
>J. Optical Society of America A
>Applied Optics
>J. Microscopy
>Bioimaging
>J. Modern Optics
>
>Eric Hansen
>Dartmouth College

I would like to add one more journal to Eric Hansen's recommended list:
"Micron"
 -- which is a newly formatted journal published by Pergamon (Elsevier) and
combines 2 old journals: "Micron and Microsopica Acta" and "Electron
Microscopy Reviews".   The December 1993 issue (vol 24, number 6) contains
11 full-length peer-reviewed papers on confocal microscopy originating from
our 1993 International Conference on Confocal Microscopy and 3-D Image
Processing held in Sydney.  This issue has papers by Aslund and Carlsson
(Stockholm), Colin Sheppard's group (Sydney), David Williams' group
(Melbourne), Kathy Svoboda's group (Boston), Minamikawa et al. (Kyoto),
Ulrich Dirnagl's group (Berlin) and Stickens & Verbelen (Belgium).  As
guest editor of this issue, I have a few extra copies I could distribute if
your library does not currently subscribe.  You can email me directly if
you would like more information.

We are trying to promote the journal and would welcome contributions from
any of you in the areas of confocal microscopy and 3-D (or time-resolved)
image processing and visualisation.

-- Carol Cogswell

  Carol J. Cogswell
  Senior Lecturer