CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2002

From:
Joachim Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:32:05 +0100

Susan,

people who use a heating system, which encloses the whole microscope
(heats to 37°C and has a CO2-athmosphere) told us, that this has the
advantage that it keeps the microscope stable (no x/y/z-drifts). Having
said this, we do not have more drift-problems with our FCS2 than we have
with normal slides. The FCS2 plus objective heater keeps the temperature
stable, and there is no need for an additional enclosure of the
microscope. Our cells live happily and with perfusion we have seen them
to grow for 2 days until they were confluent.

Joachim

Puhalla, Susan wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Does the FCS2 closed perfusion chamber experience any heat loss when used
> with the objective heaters and spacers?  Is it efficient enough or should we
> purchase an enclosure for the entire microscope? If so, are these expensive?
>
> Susan Puhalla
> Microscopy Research Assistant
> MRC Clinical Sciences Centre
> Room 5013
> Hammersmith Hospital
> DuCane Road
> London W12 ONN
> UK
> Telephone: 020 8383 8232

   Joachim Walter, Dipl. Phys.
   Institut für Anthropologie und Humangenetik der LMU München
   AG Cremer
   Richard-Wagner-Straße 10/I
   D-80333 München               Tel. +49 - 89-2180-6713
   Germany                       Fax  +49 - 89-2180-6719