CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2009

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:17:35 +1000
Hi Waldo,

Your other choice is to get a Sykes-Moore chanmber made by Belco. The are a simple chamber with a rubber seal and a screw on top that holds it all together. We use them daily and they work great. You can grow your cells on the coverslips then just mount them in the chamber and image happily. The only problem i have had with them is that you cannot usually image to whole coverslip. When mounted the cover slip is recessed a little bit which means large objectives can only focus on the middle area of the cover slip.

A big thanks to Steve Cody for buying these in for the Centre. Also I have no comercial intrsts with Belco.

Cheers

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscpy Manager
Central Resource for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Insttue for Cancer Research
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Victoria, 3050