CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1993

From:
Charles Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1993 09:52:00 CST
To Blair Butterfield:

If you'd like to include an email address with your next message for responses
directly to you, it would be appreciated.  Otherwise as a user of VoxelView, I'd
also welcome comments from VoxelView.

In addition to the comments on VV I sent you in a recent letter I'd like to add
the comment that the non-zero default contrast setting and the default color
table setting of "Do not show contrast in color table" lead to a great deal of
problems with our initial uses of VV/Mac on our Quadra 950.

Intensity values of this investigator's data ranged from 0 to about 50, so with
the default contrast setting all the data came up black despite the fact that
the color table said it should all be a nice blue color.  We were baffled until
we discovered the "Show Contrast in Color Table" box and the fact that the
contrast wasn't set to zero.  All is peaches and cream now however and I'd
recommend VV/Mac for anyone wanting to do lower-priced 3D reconstructions.  I
can elaborate further if people are interested in VoxelView for the Macintosh.

Charles Thomas
Integrated Microscopy Resource
University of Wisconsin-Madison
608-263-8481