CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1999

From:
Linda Bookman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:52:30 -0400
Recently, Molecular Probes has stopped producing the LuciferYellow
conjugated to streptavidin. Their substitute product, Alexa 430 was
highly touted and was supposed to be an improvement on the Lucifer.
However, we are finding on our initial use that not only do we have to
use the Alexa at an incredibly high 1:10 dilution to get any usable
signal, but it also fades almost immediately. We have tried mounting in
both Vectashield and glycerine with no appreciable difference in fade
resistance. Does anyone know of another vendor for the
Streptavidin/Lucifer yellow conjugate, and failing that does anyone have
any suggestions for improving the signal on the Alexa 430?
Chris Jones