CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Sylvie Le Guyader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:21:47 +0000

Hi Adrian

We have 'recently' (several months) encountered great problems with the Matrical glass bottom 96-well plates. After using them for years without any trouble, the cells suddently started dying (all sorts of cells, any type of medium, in 2D or grown in a gel) as soon as they were seeded. Matrical claimed that they had not changed anything then they blamed the glue but the next batch of plates has the same problem.

Here are a few more companies (thin glass or thin plastic bottom):

MatTek<http://glass-bottom-dishes.com/pages/multiwellproducts.html>

Perkin Elmer<http://www.perkinelmer.com/SE/Catalog/Category/ID/Microplates>

BD<http://catalog.bd.com/bdCat/listProducts.doCustomer?categoryID=R39&priority=25&categoryName=Assay%20Plates%20and%20HTS%20Systems&categoryImgPath=/ecat/images/f44/family/plates.gif&sortByField=Product%20Number&viewPageNum=0>

Ibidi <http://www.ibidi.com/products/disposables/P_8962X_Plate96well.html>

Nexus<http://www.irori.com/pages/technology/keyAttributes.html>

Whatman<http://www.whatman.com/References/GlassBotClearViewMicroDataSheetFINAL3.26.10LR.pdf>

I strongly recommend you ask for a free sample to make sure the plates work for your cells and your imaging system.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Sylvie Le Guyader