CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2023

From:
Susan Keirstead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:46:55 -0500
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Michael, you can try putting a drop of saline or lubricating eye drop on
the cornea and then gently placing a coverslip on the cornea.  You can
gently press it down to flatten the cornea a bit. You will have to move it
around a bit to find the region of the retina you want to image so use a
rectangular coverslip so you have something to hold on to (e.g. 22 mm by 40
mm).  This works well to inspect the retinal morphology with a dissection
scope, but fluorescence might be more challenging. You may need to set your
coverslip up on a manipulator to keep it steady for imaging, rather than
just holding it with your hand.

Hope this works for you.
Sue Keirstead

--