CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2001

From:
Soumitra Ghoshroy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:06:50 -0600
Dick,

This is I think a quite common problem. The students in my lab normally
embed in Spurr's firm (both animal and plant tissue) and they initially
use glass knife and after they feel comfortable with glass knife, I let
them use a diamond knife to do their final sectioning. We also use MT2 and
MT2B ultramicrotomes. Anyway, you might think about posting your message
to the microscopy listserve too.

Good luck,

Soumitra

Soumitra Ghoshroy Ph.D.
Electron Microscopy Lab and Fluorescence Imaging Facility
Department of Biology
Box 3EML
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003