CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
"Kilgore, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 14:04:13 -0400

Molecular Probes offers a kit for fixed cell / tissue nuclear labeling
called the "SelectFX Nuclear Labeling Kit", which includes DAPI, SYTOX
Green, 7-AAD (similar in spectrum to PI, but more DNA-selective), and
TO-PRO-3.  The kit includes optimized protocols in the product
information sheet for getting a more DNA-selective labeling.  SYTOX
Green is useful for 488nm laser line, and TO-PRO-3 will work with 647nm
laser line.

For live cells, SYTO dyes will work, though their label pattern is a bit
variable depending on the dye and the cell type.  We at Molecular Probes
also just released DyeCycle Violet, a DNA label that excites with 405nm
diode as well as UV.  This will work for fixed cell labeling as well.

(-- I acknowledge corporate interests, etc. --)

Cheers,

Jason A. Kilgore
Molecular Probes / Invitrogen