CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
Daniel Fimiarz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:33:10 -0400

Hello group,

What would be the best test to check laser alignment? Beads? How do
manufactures perform alignment procedures?  We have two fibers one for
405 and the other for 488 , 543, 633 lines and I feel that 405 laser
is not aligned correctly. Our service rep would simply move the
collimator for the 405 to the point where everything looked ok but
that was rather subjective. The worst thing is that now we have new
settings for the collimator but people reuse settings from old images
and revert back to wrong collimator position?  Any good way to solve
this problem?

Thank you,

Daniel F

--
Daniel Fimiarz
CCNY Laser Scanning Microscopy Laboratory, J525