CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2008

From:
Sarah Aubut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:57:35 -0400

Hello Listers,

I have seen a lot of posts discussing variouos nuclear stains, and I have a
question for you all.
I work with a Nikon Confocal system that has 3 lasers, a 405, 488 and 543. I
am having trouble finding a good nuclear stain that I can use on living
cells that will work with these lasers. I have been using hoescht, but it is
not optimal excited with the 405 laser. Are there any alternatives that
anyone knows of that can be used on living cells???

Thanks for your help!
Sarah Aubut