CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2002

From:
Paul Rigby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:17:56 +0800

At 08:43 PM 11/04/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Can't find a replacement anywhere, so I'm asking.
>
>Does anyone know where one might acquire what was one called a
>"Micro-Locator" slide.  The one that was just broken was obtained from
>Scientific Products way back when.........I was the only one who would use
>it.  Add one more person and see what happens.  "Oops!"  On the floor.
>Fractured beyond any repair.
>
>Sure would appreciate some help.  You know the slide you place on the stage
>of the microscope on which you see that cell-of-cells to get a coordinate.
>Then you place the locator slide on top of the specimen slide and locate the
>coordinates on the confocal LM.  Remove the locator and you have your cell
>back.  Well, some of the time anyway.
>
>Thanks again all and have a nice weekend,
>
>Fred Monson

Fred,
The device you are talking about is probably also called an "England
Finder". A search located a couple of sources:
http://www.proscitech.com/get_frames.htm?s50.htm
http://www.pyser-sgi.demon.co.uk/graticules/PDF/section1b.pdf.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Paul

Dr Paul Rigby
Biomedical Confocal Microscopy Research Centre
Department of Pharmacology
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley  WA  6009
Australia
Phone: 61-8-9346 2819   Fax: 61-8-9346 3469