CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:29:29 +1300

Hi Prabhakar

If you look at the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics (CRC press) you
will find tables of densities for various salts and other solutes  e.g.
a 7.2% (wt) NaCl solution has a density of 1.0500 kg/l at 20oC. Also, if
your solution crystalizes 'after a while' you are probably losing water
from evaporation as its listed solubility (Merck Index) is 140g/l at 20oC..

Cheers Mark