CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2013

From:
David Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 02:15:03 -0600

Not testedfor methyl salicyate but certainly for TDE and BAAB cleared samples
I use rings cut from "Stix2 double sided polyester ultra sticky clear tape"
(available from craft suppliers in UK and USA) - I have slides of cleared, whole
mount marine isopods that are over 18 months old and all are still good - the
tape is about 125um thick and lives up to its name, it is incredibly sticky -
grips stronger than a politician holding onto power :-).

I cut a length off, relocate on roll, cut off the double thicknes strip (backing,
tape, backing, tape) , throw away the exposed tape and then use a wad
punch set to cut the holes out to whatever size I want.

If we want to image both sides or are not sure of the orientation of samples,
we often mount between 2 large coverslips using a ring of this stuff.