CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2012

From:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:32:38 -0800

As we're on plants...  has anyone imaged GFP or RFP in the vacuole of plants?  Tonoplast is quite routine, but what about the lumen of the vacuole?  I have a user who believes there is a cleavage event which should lead to the build up of GFP inside the vacuole, my concern was degradation of the signal due to pH issues.

Does anyone have any experience with imaging inside the vacuole of plants?  This will be in tobacco until the stable Arabidopsis lines are available.

Thanks

Christian