CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
Melissa Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 12:59:33 -0700

Javier,
There has been much discussion about this recently, and I am not sure that there was any positive response (correct me if I'm wrong), concerning blue-emitting dyes. I have tried them again myself recently using conventional microscopy, with no luck, even at 10x-20x [ ] of what I would normally use other Alexa Fluors (AF350, Pacific Blue, Marina Blue, etc),  along with the ProLong Gold antifade that is supposed to retard quenching in these samples. I have talked to a few others who have also experienced the same poor results.

If anyone has had good luck with these, or figured out the trick to achieving good signal, I would also love to find out as well.

Good luck,
Melissa

Melissa A. Gonzalez
R&D Cell Genesys