CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

From:
Johann Engelhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 06:24:24 -0500

Colleges,

besides all the concerns about the installed bases, and whatever the
motivation is at Biorad and Zeiss, I see additional problems for the
future.
I think that Zeiss could come into quite strong position.

What might happen, when they know that we will have to buy (for legal
reasons instead of for performance reasons) the confocal anyway from them,
if we want to use 2-Photon now or, if we just want to be safe for our
future plans.
The big companies are already not too vivid in their development and the
instruments are already pretty expensive.
I guess everybody wants to be able to combine and buy the best from all
worlds for his reasearch and exclusivity is a problem, also and especially
here.

regards
Johann Engelhardt