CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1993

From:
Tom Baginski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1993 17:27:44 -0700
We need to obtain Hi-Res Color Slides from the MRC600 at a remote location.
We use an MRC600 and FTP the *.pic or converted pic2tif images connected
via Ethernet to our VoxelView  with Iris and 19" SGI monitor.
The monitor gives us about 1280 x 1024 resolution which transmits
to the Focus IC 4700 nicely.  However, the original color is lost and
re-rendering all of our files from B/W would be incredibly time consuming.
Focus Graphics' "Autosync" system will read monitor images from 30-60kHZ but not
from the MRC 15kHZ.  Has anyone found an EASY WAY OUT?  Can Parfocal convert *.pic f
rom the Biorad with the *.LUT attached quickly...?  easily?  Is there a cheap
fix to convert the Biorad 15kHZ output to 30kHZ and still not be difficult for the e
veryday
user.  I've imported the pbmplus.tar and I am hoping for it to be the
rainbow when it gets working.  Suggestions?...
Mr. Tom Baginski              Telephone 301-295-5691
Biomedical Instrumentation Center
Uniformed University of the Health Sciences (USHUHS)
Bethesda, MD 20814-4799