CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2014

From:
Chris Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:30:20 -0600

I would like to build a FRET-based oxidation sensor for detecting very high
oxidation potential ROS.   Hot ROS will cleave the linker, allowing donor
and acceptor to separate, killing FRET.  Amazingly, preliminaries with
fluorescein and TAMRA showed encouraging results.  Now I’d like to try
some FRET pairs where the dyes are much more resistant to oxidation in
pH 4 water (pH raised and CTAB was added to read FRET).  Donors such as
Alexa or Atto series, (488 and 550) come to mind as photostability could
well correlate to oxidative resistance.  Other suggestions, experience
appreciated.