CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
"Hallworth, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:06:51 -0600

We find that both CFP and YFP, but especially CFP, undergo a short-term
(minutes) partial recovery from the photobleaching that inevitably
occurs when you are setting up the specimen due to the casual exposure
to UV or laser illumination.  One strategy is to wait 5 minutes before
starting the acceptor photobleach.  Another is to subtract off the
recovery using an unexposed area of similar brightness as a control.

Richard Hallworth, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Director, Nebraska Center for Cell Biology
http://www.biomedsci.creighton.edu/facilities/nccb.html
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Creighton University School of Medicine
2500 California Plaza