CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1997

From:
Rachel Teitelbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:03:22 -0500
I used B. McCormick's mutant GFP that has higher intensity.  I used
mutant #2, of the 3 he generated.  I can scrounge up the reference if
you'd like.  I had no trouble with fixed tissue, and I was looking at
bacteria expressing the marker.  It was a multi-copy plasmid in the bug,
though, which may help.  Regardless, fixed, or live, I've had good
success with this.  Paraform. was fine alone, I used the small amount of
glut, because I wanted to embed the tissue, and do TEM later.

Hope this helps.
-Rachel