CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1994

From:
Karl Bellve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 1994 10:34:21 -0500
Hi Martin (Martin Kohler), in <[log in to unmask]> on Nov 18 you said

> Dye-Sub Codonics NP-1600 ?
>
> I would like to hear any possible comments about a dye-sublimation printer from
> Codonics called NP-1600. Did anyone out there compare it with other "dye-sub" pr
> inters?
>
> Thanks for comments in beforehand,
>                                     Martin

We have just purchased and installed a Codonics NP-1600. The results have
been impressive. The colors are very good although the red is too dark but the
black is very black. We just printed a color table with their values so people
can adjust thier print output. The printer is plug and go. Just plug it into
an ethernet connection and leave it alone. It will print scaled, unscaled, and
multiple images on the same page with captioning. It will also accept multiple
image formats, from postscript (optional) to iff,tiff,gif etc. It has a 270mb
hardrive for spooling and a lpdaemon. It is basically a UNIX box with a printer
attached. You can telnet, ftp and lpr to it. Soon Codonics will also have
accounting features installed so you can bill different labs. The paper is
kodak paper which is alot thicker than the paper from textronics. I compared
it to the mitsubishi and textronics when we decided to buy it. If you want a
network printer, it deserves a hard look.

Karl Bellve                             LLLL  L     L LLLLL  LLLL    LLLL
University of Maryland at Baltimore    L    L LL   LL   L   L    L  L    L
Dept. Of Physiology                    LLLLLL L L L L   L   L       LLLLLL
[log in to unmask]             L    L L  L  L   L   L   LLL L    L
[log in to unmask]               L    L L     L   L   L    L  L    L
Author of MUIEmpire                    L    L L     L LLLLL  LLLL   L    L