CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1996

From:
Steven Bagley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:22:52 GMT+1
Greetings confocalers,

I am trying to measure the thickness of my optical sections with a
variety of lenses using my Bio-rad mrc-600 without much joy. There
are a variety of methods out there which i have tried and do not seem
to be getting much joy.

The method i have already tried involves using reflection mode and
viewing a coverslip that is at a 5-15% gradient. Then by viewing the
banding that results a measure of optical section thickness can be
achieved (in theory).

I was wondering what methods other users have used and have they
worked ? Please reply straight to me direct and then i will post a
compilation of the replies.

many thanks

steve

   Steve Bagley
   The Confocal Microscope Facility
   Cells, Immunology and Development        Voice:   0161 275 6771
   University of Manchester                 Fax:     0161 275 3915

                   http://gonzo.sci.man.ac.uk/~sbagley/

         If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and
            dropped it from a height, what would happen ?