CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2018

From:
Peter Rupprecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2018 18:34:19 +0000

 Hi Craig,
Thank you for your messages!
About your idea that a reflection could cause a pulse pair: the distance in time of the two pulses seems to be around 250 fs, which means a backreflection on a spatial distance of 250e-15*3e8/2 = 38 micrometers. I guess that typical coatings are much less thick than that?
For the dispersion compensation: If it is higher order dispersion, then a prism compressor would not help anyway (since it generates a linear pre-chirping), or am I getting this wrong?
Best,Peter
    Am Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2018, 20:01:32 MESZ hat Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]> Folgendes geschrieben:

Expanding on the autocorrelator error, a 'double tap' pulse pair where two
pulses are closely following each other due to some reflection could also
possibly cause this result, but double-tapping can also be caused by third
order and higher nonlinear phase distortions.

Craig