CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2013

From:
"Cammer, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:42:11 +0000

Here are two ways that we have looked at large methyl salicylate whole mounts using an inverted microscope.
1.  Put in MatTek coverglass bottom dishes.
2.  Bridge a microscope stage plate with a small hole with a large coverslip.  Put a thin line of petroleum jelly or thick silicon equivalent around hole and press coverslip down to make a seal.  Put tissue on coverslip immediately above hole.
In both cases, a slight weight may be put on the tissue to make it flatter without squishing too much.
Here's an example from circa 2000 using a BioRad Radiance 2000:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcammer/3759826359/
Regards,
Michael
Michael Cammer, Assistant Research Scientist
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine