CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2007

From:
Kevin Braeckmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:29:44 +0200

> Though I can not think of many instances where you would need to
> capture
> anythign in real time. All the "movies" we do here are captured
> anywhere
> from 1 frame every minute to 1 frame every hour.

I think that people who are studying (intracellular) molecular dynamics will
kindly disagree in this respect ;-)

Why else are EMCCD camera's becoming so popular now? Some of them can go up
to about 500 fps.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Braeckmans, Ph.D.
Lab. General Biochemistry and Physical Pharmacy
Ghent University
Harelbekestraat 72
9000 Ghent
Belgium