CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2009

From:
Evangelos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:25:43 -0400
  I've been working lately on confocal microscopy with very volatile and
toxic organics.  The chambers described today are quite useful
(Matek...) for cell culture and cell imaging; however, the solvents I've
been working with lately readily attack plastic and rubber.  I would
need a chamber made of glass or fused silica, with a thickness at the
bottom comparable to a 0, 1, or 1.5 standard microscope coverslip for an
inverted microscope, and Luer Locks or similar pipette access ports made
of Teflon or with Teflon plugs.  I haven't found a supplier yet, if any
vendor here or any of you know of a vendor that makes any type of
chamber with glass only and with PTFE plugs that would be terrific.

Best,
Evangelos
Harvard CNS