CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
steve Limbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:54:09 -0600
Phil,
         I used to have the same problem. Every time we moved the equipment
one of the plastic "arms" or valve bodies would get broken!!  Although it
seems to me it was Kinetics or Newport that had the "cheap" plastic bodies.
Last July I had to replace one "broken" by movers and the manufacturer just
sent me the parts at no cost, saying , "these things break all the
time!"     Maybe you just didn't talk to the right person. The newer TMC's
have a fairly robust metal arm and valve assembly.
Good luck, I wish I had my box of old parts, but they went to Chicago with
my previous employer last year.
Regards,
Steve
>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for a part no longer available from the manufacturer. We
>have a TMC Micro-g air table, and one of the black plastic parts that
>holds together the leveling valve (at the ends of the table) has
>broken.
>
>I can't get one of these from TMC anymore -- the whole valve kit has
>to be bought for $120, and the bloody things were special-made for
>TMC.
>
>Does anyone perchance have any of these things that they no longer need?
>
>Thanks to all.
>
>Phil
>--
>}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
>Philip Oshel
>Supervisor, AMFSC and BBPIC microscopy facilities
>Department of Animal Sciences
>University of Wisconsin
>1675 Observatory Drive
>Madison,  WI  53706 - 1284
>voice: (608) 263-4162
>fax: (608) 262-5157 (dept. fax)

Steve Limbach
Assistant Instrumentation Innovator/Researcher
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Center for Bioelectronic Interfaces
1423 Engineering Hall
1415 Engineering Drive