CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2010

From:
Michael Schell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:21:04 -0400
We use the PAP2 vials from the Worthington Papain Dissociation kit.  The vials can be ordered separately from the kit.  Add 5 ml HBSS to the vial, incubate 10 min at 37 to dissolve, then incubate with the brain pieces (such as intact, dissected hippocampus) for 1 hr at 37, followed by gentle trituration in the presence of DNAse to disperse the tissue.

Michael

Michael J. Schell, Ph.D., CIV, USUHS
Assist. Professor
Dept. of Pharmacology
Uniformed Services University
4301 Jones Bridge Rd.
Bethesda, MD  20814-3220
tel:  (301) 295-3249
>>> Serra Akinturk <[log in to unmask]> 06/01/10 11:11 AM >>>
Is there anyone who uses papain for primary neuron culturing?
It will be very nice if you inform me about the usage of the enzyme. I guess, I don't use the enzyme in correct way.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to hear from you,
Serra

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: None