CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2013

From:
Anton Kamnev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 05:11:49 -0500

Dear colleagues,

I'm very new to the confocal microscopy list, and hope that my post still
fits the theme.

I'm an imaging manager at the Warwick Medical School (UK). Currently I'm
looking into upgrade of our regular cell culture microscope (Nikon TMS)
which is great for checking the cells but missing digital camera and is not
able to do fluorescence.

Since most of the time in the mammalian cell culture room only very course
and fast check of cell morphology and transfection efficiency is required I
think there's no reason to install 20k bulky fluorescent microscope. Quick
search showed that there are nice all-in-one solutions available on the
market (e.g. EVOSŪ FL Digital Fluorescence Microscope from EMS). I am not
sure though if they sell those in the UK.

I guess what I'm looking for is:
small inverted microscope
10~30x long wd objectives (at lest 2 mm)
phase contrast option
long wd condenser (at least 60 mm)
colored digital camera
LED fluorescent light source
filter cubes for DAPI, GFP, mCherry
build in PC with software for image capture (with option to save image to
usb device).

Did anyone came across neat and cheap solution to the routine microscopy in
cell culture room?

Thanks in advance,
Anton.