CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1994

From:
Charles Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 1994 16:05:00 CDT
Chris:

We developed a system very similar to what you're proposing using Hypercard on
the Mac.  We have Mac SE's next to each instrument that allow a user to login
under his/her specific project number, totals hours for the day, adds this to
total hours for the month and prints out monthly reports on how many hours were
used for each project.

Perhaps a small investment in small Macs might allow you to solve your problem.
On the other hand, the software couldn't be that hard to write for the IBM, you
just have to have some security to keep people from logging in to other people's
project numbers or tampering with their total hours.

Charles Thomas
Integrated Microscopy Resource
Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison