CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2023

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2023 19:21:34 -0600
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

You can detect 2P saturation by ramping the power up and down and
monitoring the resulting signal. Ideally if incident power is doubled, the
generated signal will be quadrupled. If it is not quadrupled then you are
in the realm of saturation. In reality there are many things that influence
your sample and will change your results from the theoretical square
relationship, but strong deviations away from the relationship are a sign
that you have saturated your nonlinear process.

Craig