CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1999

From:
John Blinco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 17:31:28 +0800
Confocalists,
        This isnt much of a CLSM question (yet) but i would think that
someone on this group may have tried this.. (or know someone who has?)

I want to know if there is a NON-fluorescent  GFP fusion protein, that
becomes fluorescent when the fusion is cleaved...

OR what quenchers for GFP exist that will quench or change the wavelength
of the fluorescence compared to when fused or cleaved...

Or what other fluorescent proteins, or enzymes that have a fluorscent
screening assay which changes when fused to another protein.

It sounds interesting on paper, but id like to know if anyone has tried
it, or come up with a good theory on how to do it.

PLease contact me off the list as this isnt really a confocal question.

John

John Blinco ([log in to unmask])

Western Australian State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre
Department of Science and Engineering
Murdoch University
Western Australia 6150