CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1998

From:
Andrew Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:18:07 -0800
     Following a very successful year and with a view to improving our
     service delivery to our customers, Bio-Rad has a taken a decision to
     recruit the following staff.

     Salesperson - Netherlands /Flanders / N. Germany

     The salesperson will be responsible for all sales of Confocal
     Microscopes in The Netherlands, Flanders and Northern Germany.
     The person should live in the Netherlands and be a  Dutch speaker with
     English and German.
     Educated to degree level in Biology or Physics and from an academic
     background the person should have 2+ years of Sales experience

     Service Engineer - The Netherlands

     Preferably living in South East of The Netherlands (the post is home
     based) and servicing instruments in Holland (70%) Belgium and Germany
     (30%)
     Experience of servicing complex instruments with a background in Opto
     -Electronics is essential. The person must be familiar with computers
     and be comfortable with MSDOS and ideally OS/2 and NT. Any experience
     of lasers would be useful.

     Hardware Engineer (Hemel Hempstead)

     We now require an experienced analogue hardware design engineer to
     join our research and development team.  You will be responsible for
     product design from concept to manufacturing in an evolving,
     technology driven market.
     The successful applicant will be educated to degree level and be
     experienced in the design of precision/low noise/high speed analogue
     circuits.  Experience of digital signal processing would be an
     advantage and other related experience will be beneficial.

     Software Programmer (Hemel Hempstead)

     The position will involve contributing to the designing, programming
     and testing of this system.
     Familiarity of developing C++  Visual C++,Visual Basic, and ActiveX.
     plus Object Oriented Design skills are essential
     Experience of writing software to control scientific instrumentation
     is desirable.

     Technical Support Engineer (Hemel Hempstead)

     In this role you will assist in provision of the International Help
     Desk function,
     This is an ideal role for an ambitious Physics or Opto-electronics
     graduate and we would like to hear from you if you have a thorough
     working knowledge of computers (a knowledge of MS-DOS, OS/2 and
     Windows NT operating systems would be an advantage). The ability to
     undertake International support travel possibly at short notice is
     essential. A working knowledge of/familiarity with Lasers would be
     advantageous.

     We also have plans to recruit additional people in 1999 in the areas
     of Sales and service Administration, R&D and Manufacturing

     Anyone wishing to apply for any of these positions should send a CV
     and covering letter to

     Charlie Hockey
     Human Resources Manager
     Bio-Rad Microscience Ltd