CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2009

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:37:48 +1000
Hi List

Can anyone recommend a dye (or antibody) that will stain the whole cell
evenly to the plasma membrane? I need a dye that will give fairly even
staining across the whole cell to make segmentation easier.

I have tried CellMask but is it a bit variable in its staining pattern,
there are blobs in the cytoplasm and nucleus may or may not stain up.
Something that stains just the plasma membrane would also be suitible. I
have used the invitrogen FX dyes before (not for this experiemnt) and
have found them a bit hit and miss too. I have also tried WGA but it
doesn't give an even stain around the mebrane which makes segmentation
quite dificult.

Thanks

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscopy Manager
Central Resource for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Victoria, 3050
AUSTRALIA
Office: +61 3 9341 3155
Mobile: +61422882700
Fax: +61 3 9341 3104
Facility Website

This communication is intended only for the named recipient and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged or subject to copyright; the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd does not waiver any rights if you have received this communication in error.
The views expressed in this communication are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd.