CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2010

From:
Bjorn Tyrberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:54:57 -0500
A colleague with lot of DiI experience says:
You should use crystals. DMSO solution is mostly used for live labeling through
injections. Place a tiny crystal in the slice where the neurons of interest are
situated. DiI will incorporate into the membranes and transport along axons.
Use fine forceps or syringes to make incision and place crystal. Note that DiI
is sticky and a lot of care has to be taken to be precise. A good scope is a
must.

Bjorn