CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
Lloyd Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:52:34 +1300

If I remember correctly acetylated BSA is supposed to counteract this binding to +ve charges as well as acting as a blocking agent. We find it works well with plant material. No need for a separate blocking step just put it in with the antibody. Has anyone used this approach with animal cells ?

Dr Lloyd Donaldson
Project Leader - Microscopy & Wood Identification
Senior Scientist - Plant Cell Walls & Biomaterials
Scion - Forests, Products, Innovation
49 Sala Street, Rotorua 3010
New Zealand
Ph 07 343 5581