CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2015

From:
Seamus Holden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 11:36:38 +0200

Dear colleagues

I am currently buying components for a new STORM/ PALM microscope. I am
looking for high power CW lasers (~300mW) at  ~561 and ~642. Last time I
built a microscope, I purchased some very nice, not too expensive lasers
that met these specifications from MPB Communications, and am strongly
considering doing so again. However, I would like to make sure I
consider any alternatives.

Does anyone know of any other vendors of similar fixed wavelength fibre
lasers? I am not aware of any, except perhaps Zecotek, which popped up
on Google - has anyone bought from them?

I am aware of the various solid state alternatives, but these don't have
the same price / power ratio, especially for the 642 wavelength.

Best wishes,
Seamus

--
Dr Seamus Holden