CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2005

From:
Simon Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:20:00 -0500

Dear Listers,
I have been experiencing what can only be described as utterly appalling
customer service from Melles Griot UK.  Over the last two years I have
sent off two lasers and three power supplies for repair, and in each
instance it has taken them months to get the units repaired, and only then
after constant pestering as to their whereabouts.  Currently they have an
Argon-Krypton laser and power supply unit which we sent to them in May of
this year.  I’ve been desperately trying to get these units repaired and
back to us, but as yet, they have not been.  When dealing with them a
phrase from one of my old teachers comes to mind – it’s like dragging the
QE2 through a sea of Mars bars (international readers can substitute Mars
bars for any local chocolate bar delicacy of their choosing).

Anyway, now I’ve vented my spleen, I have a question.  Does anyone know if
there are any companies (worldwide) which can service (re-tube if
necessary) Melles Griot lasers and peripherals, other than Melles Griot?
I would like to hear from anyone has direct experience and can give a
strong recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

Simon Walker
The Babraham Institute