CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2014

From:
"Doube, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:34:25 +0000

Hi Donald

I saw a few responses indicating propidium iodide might work: it's certainly worth a go as a bright and cheap-ish nucleic acid stain, only downside you might hit (because you say you want nuclear specificity) is that it's not completely selective for nuclear DNA and you may get staining of RNA as well. The usual approach to deal with that is an RNAse treatment, though not sure how that will work in very thick sections, or those already in a clearing agent.

Michael

On 10/07/14 18:45, Donald Alexander Fowler wrote:
> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> Dear Confocal Microscopy,
>
> Does anybody know of a good nuclear stain that will stay specific to the
> nuclei when cleared in BABB or Dibenzyl ether?  I've tried in embryonic
> chick tissue and have had very poor results.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Donald

<http://www.rvc.ac.uk>

This message, together with any attachments, is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Veterinary College.