CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2007

From:
Caterina Strambio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:09:38 -0400

Hi
we want to use adherent cells (ideally HeLa cells) for live imaging of viral
particles traveling to the cell nucleus. We are having a lot of problems
with  autofluorescence in the Green/FITC channel. It is not simply diffuse
autofluorescence but it has a clear morphology: green dots all over the
cytoplasm.

We are growing cells in phenol red free DMEM and it did not help all that much.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your help.

Caterina Strambio De Castillia

Istitute of Research in Biomedicine